Thursday, September 29, 2011

Turn Back The Pendulum

1996 - Currently 5 years old

I grew up in a place called Felda Mempaga. I was born in Hospital Bentong, and as far as I can recall, I didn't really remember much about my childhood. But I still can imagine the look of my old house. We had guava tree in our yard. And cats and snakes and also biawak.

Waktu aku kecil dulu, angsa merupakan binatang yang sangat menakutkan. Aku kena kejar angsa lagi banyak dari kena kejar anjing. Dan tempat paling selamat waktu tu adalah belakang mak aku. Heh, angsa tak berani kot dengan mak aku. Sambung english balik.

I lived there until I was five. Honestly speaking, I didn't remember any of my friends there and the only family I could recognize today is Mak Jah's family. The family that raised me when I was a kid. Kira pengasuh lah. Ada lagi satu kot, family Pak Cik Saadon. Well, it was peaceful. Ceh, kunun. I couldn't really say that because I remember almost nothing.

I've got lots of scars when I was kid. Due to running and falling down. And what is more surprise, I was quite fair when I was a kid. But due to some dna mutation biology related stuff - screw you melanin !! - my skin colour "evolved" to dark. Hitam manis. Pffft.


1996 - Current place : Taman Kolej Bentong

At this age, parents already sent their kids to tadika or pre-school. And I was going through the same process. Well, the story went like this.

Because of my parent had to teach at schools in Bentong, so we had to move as well. Moving to new place scared me. During that time, I've got no friends, I didn't know anybody except my family. And my mother forced me to go to pre-school. It was Tadika Perkim actually. I cried. Huwaa huwaa. Guling sana guling sini. My last resort didn't work.

We registered. And the scariest moment of my life began. It was totally awkward. No, it was horrifying. Tidak !!! Fortunately, I ran away. Well, not so fortunate when I didn't know where to go. So I hid myself in a storeroom. The class ended. Tadika ended at 11, so it wasn't that long I had to hide myself. Another lucky day when nature didn't call me. Kalau time tu rasa nak terkencing, memang kantoi lah aku menyorok. And I cried when my mom picked me up.

I locked myself in my room and cried. Huwaa huwaa. Guling sana guling sini lagi. My parent agreed not to send me to tadika. Serius aku rasa sangat bahagia masa tu.  Even when I was turning 6, I didn't attend it as well. You can say that I never actually went to pre-school.

Unlike everybody, I had an extra year of playing time while others had to start learning at the age of 5 or 6. Awesome ! But sometimes, on several occasions, I was wondering how exactly it felt like to attend pre-school. But I also gained some more valuable experience. Bakal diceritakan dalam Turn Back The Pendulum 2. Dah ter bagitahu spoiler dah ni. Tapi serius, tak ramai kan orang macam aku yang tak pernah pergi tadika. Ada tapi tak ramai. And that is one of the interesting facts about me. I didn't go to pre-school.

Pretty much I hate school when I was young, up till today actually. But it was fun. Don't you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

all brand new blog..good luck in ur writing!!

izhar kasim said...

thanks... hope it will benefit others as well :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't go to pre-school to,and most of the time,people would be surprised when they hear that :P
I guess we're unique?

izhar kasim said...

same with me, most of people are quite surprised when I told them I didn't attend pre-school. but I really don't mind that.

and yeah !! we're unique :D

Mia said...

I attended Tadika Pasti, and the only memory I have of it is when I had to perform a nasyid. I wore black shiny shoes with heels (my first), and a white headscarf with red ribbon that my Mama sewed for me.

We wore green.

Years and years later did I hear the rumour that Tadika Pasti was under PAS. =____=

izhar kasim said...

red ribbon !! how cute. haha...never heard of it actually, but ...

PAS = PASti? lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...