Saturday, October 22, 2011

Life: Stir and Sugar

Aside from wanting to become an engineer, my love of kitchen and balcony and great feeling of seeing places of wonder, another favourite of mine would be cooking. I am still not good at it but at least I can cook a few dishes.

I got interested in cooking since I was in elementary school. I used to follow my mum to market every sunday morning, and always watched her cook in the kitchen. Maybe that's why I love hanging out, sipping my coffee in the kitchen. And if I were never wanted to be an engineer, culinary was one of my options.

But the thing is, from that very moment, I've always and will always be fond of cooking. If there is nothing to watch on tv, I would turn on the Asian Food Channel. I enjoy watching Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, my chef idol is Jamie Oliver and I always wanted to try Martha Stewart's desserts.



Actually, it'll be embarrassing to try cooking at home. From people's point of view, maybe that's not a bad thing. My family wouldn't mind at all but I haven't got the courage to cook my family a dinner. That's why I only cook at midnight when all of them are sound asleep.

Then I got my very first chance to try new things, new recipes when I was in Canada. Well, most of them are western cuisine since I can easily get the ingredients. And I already master pasta dishes. Oh yeah, that's one damn achievement.

And dessert, that's one thing that can make me happy. Since I am too lazy to find the recipe, and get my ass off in front of the laptop, I never actually tried making a dessert. Except hotcakes and brownies. Well those two are easy to make. Hence, they don't count.

Now, I'm in a place that doesn't allow cooking. I miss my smile when I cook. Getting you hand reaching for sugar, salts and pepper, stir fried them (of course with other ingredients) in hot cooking pan, it's an awesome feeling.

And my bad if this sounds confusing, a man who knows how to cook, he is damn sexy.

Cook with kindness because it bring joys to the food and the people

sudutkiri: Maaf sebab lately asyik nak tulis post dalam b.i jer. Huhu..


2 comments:

Mia said...

I prefer baking rather than cooking (lauk and such), since it's my sister who cooks lauk, and I bake cookies & cakes.

I've got some simple recipes, if you want.

But, why aren't you allowed to cook? Duduk hostel ke?

izhar kasim said...

resipe ape?

yup, hostel..long story to that...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...