Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Life: Socialize

I cut off my time spending on facebook and basically, everything else on the net. Not entirely, but I believe the time I wasted in front of my laptop can be spent to do something else that is much more worthwhile and benefiting.

Meet and greet are my new socializing style.

There are reasons to that. I want to learn, to experience, and more importantly, I want to express emotionally without being restricted to what people think. I actually want to laugh sincerely. Not typing down "lol" and "haha". And to that, blogging is the only exception.

Rather than texting or chatting online, I think meeting people personally satisfies my social need and plus, I've learnt a lot. Improving my socializing skills but not solely talking, I mean everybody can do that. Meeting people to share emotions and feelings, trading knowledge, discussing about random things and things in the past, somehow spark me with interests, curiosity and inspiration to reflect upon myself, and to my writing.

That's why blogging is an exception (I need to write something to fill a hole inside my heart and to waste my free time which I enjoy wasting).

It's just like during high school. I grew up in a boarding school for five years. I met a bunch of strangers I never knew in my life, but after spending time together, we tied a bond to each other. It's true, we haven't matured enough, but the time we spent on socializing ( talk, play, study, etc ) has contributed in many aspects of my life as I enter a different world.

The methods maybe different as we believe, but I think the principles are the same. Why not meet and greet?

I can have so much fun over a cup of coffee with a friend. Whenever I play badminton (double), we'll always encourage each other and not minding over mistakes the other person makes, but at the same time we aim to win even when we play for fun. There is a beauty in that kind of social attitude.

On a different paradigm, people live a different life. Each person has their own stories. Some maybe a good or a happy one, but life is like a coin, having two sides. There are so much stories to share. Whether it's knowledgeable / interesting or not, at least you know deeper about a person or a friend. Building a bond and protect it.

One thing that's always makes me smile is a random talk with a random stranger. I've met a pensioner (soldier) who told stories about his life in the army, an old couple who shared about their love stories, and I chatted with a "makcik" who shared her food with me on the bus on my way home. Even when I refused, she insisted I took a bite.

At the same time, we still need facebook, skype and so on. I'm glad I can still talk and gossip with friends from all over the world. Often, I feel guilty for not keeping in touch with some of my old friends ( because of distance and busyness, okay that busyness is just an excuse ). But I'll try to be more accountable to them.

But the funny thing is (though not related but who cares), spending less time on the internet develops a habit in me. A study habit. I'm a lazy person, I admit. I only study the day before the exam. But since there is nothing to do as I restricted myself from surfing the net, I've no choice but to open a book.

Thankfully, it helps somehow. I feel weird if I didn't open a book in a day. But that lazy attitude is still there. So I thought to myself, an hour is more than enough. And it really made a difference. I no longer need to rush things, whether it's about works or daily life routine.

Back to my point, why not meet and greet?

Meet people if you've the chance to meet them, and greet people occasionally whom are dear to you especially when distance separates you apart. Go out and play and meet new friends. As always, learn.

I'm hungry. Panjang lak ai post ni.

p/s: al-fatihah kepada emak Mustakim (Mustak) yang baru saja kembali ke rahmatullah. Amin~

5 comments:

Kay Amira Zain said...

I enjoyed reading your post ! You inspired me to write something ! Hihihi.

Al-fatihah .

izhar kasim said...

Your post is much better. Contoh banyak, so point delivered.
.
Haha, macam tanda karangan orang lain pulak

Mia said...

I would soooo love to grab a cup of coffee and just, talk, with someone. Sadly, no one has ever asked me out, with like, 'You wanna grab a cup of coffee and catch up?' because everybody's busy with other things. *exhales*

And yeh, people nowadays spend so much time cooped up in front of their laptops that they don't realize all the amazing people around them.


Al-Fatihah. May Allah bless his mother.

izhar kasim said...

Well then, how about you ask them first? I'm sure someone would agree. Though it's just chilling over a drink, there is a moment when you feel like taking a break, enjoy a beverage, sit and talk.

If someone ever asked me, I'd totally agree.

Kay Amira Zain said...

I'm looking forward this June. Make sure semua jadi ah keluar :D Its been awhile weeeh :)

Btw, i seriously think yours is much much better :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...