Saturday, December 22, 2012

Books and More Books

I went to Big Bad Wolf again yesterday. Knowing strolling around right and left, back and forth will just tire me out, and I don't really have any more books to buy, I thought of getting a book and sit at a corner reading it while waiting for my friends to choose what books they want to buy.

The way of books perhaps, immersing yourself in just a book and try to understand what the author wants to convey as if you're there all along. Non-fiction section was where I stood last night. And I got carried away a little bit, but I think last night has quite an impact. Not to mention I laughed all by myself reading "F in Exams". Seriously, that book just hit me and I can't stop laughing. Sorry lah Eman ek. Haha.

Hence, a summary of deep thought and my wanderlust into books last night.


There, he said it - "Vision of Paradise"


Love is not only restricted to men and women. Not to mother and child. Love is there when you want a person to be happy. And a cool dad - "Love"


History fascinates me. During the World War I, the number of casualties were more than 37 millions, including the life of civilians and armies. But then, a soldier is also a creature of emotions. Peace is attained by bloodshed, but at spur of the moment, rarely still, a soldier did smile. - "World War I, Life in Trenches"


Infamous landmark in Paris during its early construction. The Eiffel Tower. Eiffel is a hundred percent made out of steel. It is about 300 m height and increase or decrease its height by roughly 7.5 cm during the summer / winter. A thing that is related to civil engineering, a course that I chose to pursue - "Work"


Religion is indeed a very powerful tool. Once you're devoted to something, nothing can shaken your faith. And one of the most devoted religious people is Buddhist monk. For people to abandon everything for their own belief is not something easy to do, hence I pay respect to them. Though we are of different religions, but the meaning of faith and devotion can be taught by example. - "Vision of Paradise"


Eqypt is one of the four earliest ancient civilizations existed in the world and after thousands of years, its traces can still be seen today. How much technology has drifted further - maybe it has surpassed what we've achieved today - no one really knows. How did they find a source to invent many things that benefit today's people is still a mystery. Did you know, our calendar was established based on old Egyptian calendar? A fun fact for you - "The Art of Pharaoh"


Picture of men unrolling rugs for prayers in Mecca. Erti hidup pada memberi, The meaning of life is in giving, quoting Saifulislam. Charity is a way to reallign ourselves. When we see suffering of people, we intended to give some of what we have. But in some circumstances, we couldn't do anything for them. But charity has many forms. Things that we didn't think of or oversee maybe can be considered as charity. Donate just a little of what we have, even just a smile - "Vision of Paradise"


Something that can make you roll on the floor, laughing hardly that you ended up embarrassing yourself and your friends. But who cares? This is good stuff.



p/s: I'm home and sick.



5 comments:

Cahaya Kekal Abadi said...

my fav section was sense humour and non-fiction of course !

izhar kasim said...

Yup2. Humour is a must. Fiction pun ok jugak sbnrnya tapi buku2 kt bbw 4 fiction tak berapa nak menarik. Bagi aku lah. huhu

Cahaya Kekal Abadi said...

at first aku excited gila pegi non-fiction then 10 min later aku terus pegi humour section. situ 2 jam jugak aku spend. haha.

izhar kasim said...

Pergh 2 jam. lama gila. waktu first time aku pusing BBW, mahu cram kaki. huhu

Cahaya Kekal Abadi said...

Lama kan ? Haha. Pegi lepas subuh, so mmg tak ramai org so boleh lepak lama sikit. Ni BBW kau yg ke bape ? Aku baru 1st time aritu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...