Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Life: Books For Holiday


I know my face definitely shows how excited I am. I haven't read a book except my textbooks for the past few months nor did I have sufficient money to buy some. Thanks to Big Bad Wolf, hence the smile on that picture.

I was planning to find Haruki Murakami's book, 1Q84 but after searching the whole hall, row by row, I couldn't find any. The fiction section is filled with some kind of novels suits for women, or the title and the cover didn't catch my attention at all, so I just bought one fiction novel. I stumbled on Yann Martel's work, Beatrice and Virgil. I have read Life of Pi before, so I bought Beatrice and Virgil because I think it might be interesting.

And another one is The Sellout. It's kinda related to economy and how the Wallstreet controls the economy of the world. I just grabbed the book the moment I saw the title. No second thought. I don't have that much knowledge in economy and little did I know how the economy of this country related to flow of cash throughout the world works, so I hope this book can offer me something.

Others, a book about ancient civilization, two for leisure reading, two for self-motivation and a Jamie Oliver cook book. I hope I can finish all of them during the holiday (after final exam) before I start working this February. Money well spent perhaps.

p/s: Now I'm officially a 'megane'. Megane = glasses. Yes, I wear glasses now. Doakan saya dapat kerja !

One more thing, al-Fatihah kepada En Wan Sazali (Cikgu BM) yang telah kembali ke rahmatullah semalam. Moga dikurniakan kesudahan yang baik untuk beliau, insyaAllah.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...