Monday, March 5, 2012

Info: Some Good Sites or Blogs


Olla amigo ! Okay, this time I want to introduce you to some of the blogs or websites that are quite resourceful. Motivation at its finest. This is just a personal preference of mine, not all people would enjoy some of these, nevertheless, I think it would be a sin (maybe guilty is a better choice of word) to me for not sharing these.

I think we all know some of the popular Islamic sites such as Saifulislam.com, Zaharuddin.net, Langitilahi.com and Drmaza.com. But there are also some blogs that I found interesting, which discuss about many things that cover all aspects of our daily lives. 


Mostly motivation. If you want to change, but don't know how to start, I recommended this website. Well, as a muslim, this may not comprehend the topic of spirituality, but renewing ourselves to a better person closely linked to religious demands and spirituality right?

Description:

Are you feeling stuck? So many people feel trapped and unfulfilled in their current situation. I know because I have been there myself. If you feel stuck, I’m here to tell you that it is possible to leave behind this pain and frustration and live a life of greatness. Little decisions can, over time, cause stunningly wonderful results. Tiny changes lead to real and sustained transformation. Are you ready to take that first step?


Opposite to Thechangeblog but merely the same concept, I think. While Thechangeblog is more towards motivation and personal satisfaction, Lukehoughton shares commentaries and more broad views of education, personal development, and leadership. To sum up, based on experiences, he discusses an interpersonal development within social interactions and laws that the community today lives and obeys.

Description:

This blog is a place for me to share my views and develop conversations about the many different things that interest me. The main reason I started this blog a year ago was to see if people would be interested in what I had to say, so far so good. It’s really an excuse to think outloud and develop my ideas and hopefully find people who want to put them to work. Ideas should work but I digress. This is also a place for gratuitous self-promotion. As the saying goes, “If you don’t toot your own horn, nobody will.”  Amen to that.


All in one. It’s basically a newspaper but with more resources, videos, range of topics from politics to entertainment, it’s like eating a buffet for free. Yeah, free. Just click the link, it doesn't have any description. A good place if you are lazy to buy books, and you like reading, and you have lots of free time to kill.


This is a heartwarming site. I often get emotional when I read some of the posts. Muslimmatters.org shares the story of muslim community around the world. For example, the reactions of a kid’s friends when she decided to wear hijab to school, the lives of the Palestinian people, guides, advices and many more. This site is contributed by famous authors such as Shaykh Tawfique Chowdury (founder of Al-Khauthar), Shaykh Yasir Qadhi and Nouman Ali Khan.

Description:

Muslimmatters.org began in 2007 as a collaboration between various Bloggers and Shuyukh in order to bring attention to issues faced by Muslims, especially in the West. We have focused on issues of Religion, Society, Ethics, Sex Education, Politics, Civil Rights, Family, as well as the random issues that pop up from now and then, all with some ranting and humor mixed in.


I’ve been browsing 9gag too much lately. And at this point, 9gag is getting boring. And I remember this site I used to waste my time with. Stumbleupon used to be my guilty pleasure. You can discover a lot of things that are in the web. The photos that I posted in this blog usually come from this site. You can find cute photos, cool music, videos, quotes, arts, or basically anything you want from the web.  

But let me remind you, this site lets you wander in your own world. By the time you've realized it, you've wasted a lot of time. But it’s fun. The time you enjoy wasting is never wasted right?

Description:

As you Stumble through great web pages, tell us whether you Like or Dislike our recommendations so we can show you more of what’s best for you. We’ll show you web pages based on that feedback as well as what similar Stumblers and the people you follow have Liked or Disliked. Our members have given us some pretty great compliments in the past, including describing us as “the entire Internet, all in one place,” “an epic journey” and “a map to an adventure you wouldn’t otherwise have found out about.


It’s all about fun fun fun and enormous amount of cute little things and decorations. If you’re having a bad day, this is definitely a place you wanna go. Not technically a place, but this site offers lots of things, pictures, and videos that’ll make you smile. Definitely worth it. Enjoy street art and you can try doing some of the crazy stuffs you can find on this blog.

Well, that’s it. Last word? Enjoice.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...