Sunday, July 1, 2012

Untitled #1

Sweet.

Looking at a 3 years old arabic girl with blue eyes with her two brothers, probably two or three years older than her. They both looked at me with their earnest not-knowing hazel eyes.

It was a normal counter with people living in the same building, waiting for the lift to come. She hid behind her father, sneakily gazing at me. I just put up a smile.

In the lift, only their chatter and small giggles broke the silence. How cute I thought to myself. As I wandered my mind away waiting for the lift to reach the 17th floor, there was a small chatter between the oldest brother, I'm guessing by his height, with the father.

I didn't understand it at all, since they talked in Arabic. Just like how we used to talk in Malay in front of foreigners.

Suddenly, the boy said "Takbir".

And his father responded, "Allahuakbar".

The boy repeated it again, "Takbir".

And likewise, his father said "Allahuakbar".

This moment was repeated for about 5 times, until the lift stopped at the 13th floor, where they all went out.

It instilled in me, a thought and also adore, at such a young age, a boy has gained the knowledge and is exposed to such thinking of how he might see (perception), and understand the concept of God and religion. What is more surprising, the children also followed their father's lead, responded to the Almighty call.

I stood in silence, getting mixed feelings, shocked and amazed.

So, I ever wonder, how am I going to raise my kids?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...